Thursday, August 16, 2007

New Furniture






For months Moriah has been wanting a chair her size. She tries to sit on anything that looks like it might be "just her size." The other day I even found her clearing off the bottom shelf of her bookshelf and trying to sit in the shelf. Her friend, Miller, has a chair his size, and she always loves play in it when visiting. And her Marmie had a chair her size and for that week Moriah loved playing, sitting, laying in it. And her grandma had a lawn chair her size that she enjoyed mastering.

So I had been on the look out for a simple, cheap chair for her. But last week Moriah found one on her own. We were at Toys R Us and walked down an aisle with a chair similar to the one her Marmie had (but not near as cute). Moriah immediately saw it and began doing everything in her power to communicate to me that she wanted that chair and did not want to leave that aisle without the chair. It was the first time she really saw a toy she wanted and communicated she wanted to take it home. So needless to say, we left the store with the chair in tow.

I have never seen her more excited about a toy/chair. She crawls all over it, climbs all over it, plays in it constantly, and even dances all around it. It has been so fun to watch her enjoy something SO much.

But one thing I have to note is that it is the ugliest chair I have ever seen. It is definitely adding a new dimension to our living room. But my friends have assured me that it has no bearing on Moriah's future style and fashion sense:)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Monica! Thanks for sharing about the chair- you probably noticed that Rebekah loves the chair at Marmie's just like Moriah does. You probably also noticed how Rebekah is very much into putting her shoes on all the time and going outside. She also brings mine to me and tries to get me to put them on. It's so fun seeing how they are growing. I so wished we could have visited with you guys while you were in town!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found a chair. I enjoyed reading how excited Moriah was. Thanks for sharing the story. I am also glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I pray you continue to feel even better and have a good "showing" :)on the 24th. It took about 17 weeks for me to feel better with Austin. --kelli t.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I agree that Moriah's future tates won't be hurt by her presents choices. They just work with what they see & fits their needs at the time. We hope you faired ok after that crazy weather. We enjoyed your family visit. Take care, Karla