Wednesday, September 10, 2008

36 and counting

I had a great 36th birthday on Monday. Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls, emails, facebook notes and especially thanks to Chris for making the whole day so special. I was greeted with breakfast in bed and children that slept later than normal. Unfortunately, as a mom you still have to change dirty diapers and do laundry on your birthday, but I was blessed with a surprise family lunch at a new downtown restaurant. I got to spend the afternoon chatting with a friend and sipping Starbucks while the girls napped. (Thanks Ashley!) While feeding the girls dinner, Chris surprised me with a birthday ice cream cake. And then after feeding and bathing the girls, Chris and I had an evening out. (Thanks Heidi for babysitting.) We enjoyed dinner at one of my favorite spots, Kincaid's. It was a wonderful day. Oh, and Chris gave me an amazing gift--a Hawaii style ring. It is amazing and so beautiful. I must take a photo to share.




1 comment:

beth ewing said...

sometimes i freak out at the fact that i'll be 29 in a few months and that much closer to 30. but you make the 30's look great.